Hi there and welcome to my little corner of the internet! My name is Cristina and I’m the fortunate mummy of George, happy partner of Stuart, teacher, cat mum to 4 phenomenal cats, avid reader, TV show & movie enthusiast, family chef and more.
My great adventure began in 2017 when I became a mother. As if that wasn’t a big enough change, when our son was 2 months old we decided to pack our things and move to sunny Spain, on Costa del Sol. New baby, new country, new house, new people. Overwhelming? A bit. But also extremely exciting. I am looking forward to all the new adventures ahead of us.
Other things about me in bullet points:
- I am 34 years old.
- My home country is Romania where I’ve lived for 32 years.
- I’ve worked as an ESL teacher for 7 and a half years.
- My favourite type of meat is lamb, I will eat any dish that has lamb in it.
- My favourite fruit is raspberry.
- My favourite colour right now is red.
- I’ve got dark green eyes.
- One of my favourite book is “1984” by G.Orwell.
- I love playing squash.
- I wish I could read and travel more.
- One horrible habit that I used to have was smoking. Thankfully I’ve given up.
- I have a sweet tooth.
- Only had one surgery so far, when I was 15, I had my appendix removed.
- I love animals. Currently, I have 1 cat in Spain and 3 in Romania. The most dogs I’ve had at one time was 21. The most cats I’ve had at one time was 7.
About the Blog:
If I had to put this blog in a category, I would say it is a mommy/teacher blog. However, it’s not limited to these 2 topics. I will also be writing about my culinary successes and disasters, about healthy living, about my family’s travels, my little boy’s adventures and in general, I will share whatever interesting things I read about or experiment.
This blog will contain my personal opinions, experiences, real or funny stories. I am not a doctor of any kind so whatever advice or tips you may find here are the things that worked for me and my family and by no means an official recommendation.
I hope that this blog will offer help if needed, support, information and why not a smile on your face.